Sunday, February 27, 2011

Orange You Glad...



I don't know if it's the cabin fever or the lack of beautiful sunny weather that's done it. But I had fun playing around with color today. To be honest, I feel like a fruit salad. All in all, I like how it turned out. You can get more inspiring color combos by heading over to Kileen's Color Brigade over at Cute and Little. Below is my attempt at incorporating contrasting color into an outfit. The goal was to coordinate 3 separate colors into the same outfit. I think, goal achieved! Here I am rockin' the peach, purple and musturd all together.




I know, terrible job with the tripod. We have super limited space in our room. I figured I'd mix it up and do something a little different than the white bedroom door.



Fun jewelry trick. Here, I connected two short necklaces clasp to link and vice versa to make one long necklace. Put it on, then adjust the length to your liking.

Top: Coral button down, Thrifted ($1)
Skirt: Purple Wool Skirt, United Colors of Benetton, Thrifted ($2)
Belt: Thrifted, ($0.75)
Shoes: Xhilaration, Target Clearance ($5)
Jewelry: Cookie Lee (Gold hammered bangles, copper rose pendant, 2 short necklaces attached to make one, hoop earrings)

Color Blocking
colour trend 2011
Stylejacking.com



Candy of My Childhood: Anyone remember these tasty little guys?


The title of today's post certainly made me think of one of my fave knock knock jokes from my childhood. And let me tell ya, boy, did I wear it out.

Boy: Knock, Knock
Girl: Who's there?
Boy: Banana.
Girl: Banana who?
Boy: Knock, Knock
Girl: Who's there?
Boy: Banana.
Girl: Banana who?
Boy: Knock, Knock
Girl: Who's there?
Boy: Orange.
Girl: Orange who?
Boy: Orange you glad I didn't say banana?*

*Here's your chuckle for the day





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for calling on my blog. I love visitors! Please leave a message after the beep. **BEEP**