Sunday, March 6, 2011

FBFF- Beauty Products


Fashion Beauty

I know it's a little late to be posting, but I wanted to do my very first Friend Friday post. This week's post focuses on beauty products and allows me to share my faves with you.
1. What's your favorite drug store makeup product and your favorite higher-end product?


Drugstore:  Cover Girl Volume Exact Waterproof Mascara. It works great and I've never had any problems with clumping, running or flaking.

High-End: Bare Essentials Primer. Not only do I use this on my face before applying foundation, but also as a primer for my eyeshadow. It keeps my makeup set and looking great all day.

2. Is there one type of product that is your go-to, can't live without?
Chapstick/Gloss/Balm anything to keep my lips feeling moist and smooth at all times. Matter of fact, my husband got me hooked on Blistex Oinment when my lips are feeling beaten from the cold. It works well and makes your lips feel good as new.


Next to that it would be my liquid black eye liner. I've been lining my eyes for so long that I feel naked without it. I've used Physicians Formula and I've used Revlon and Mabelline and all seem to work about the same for me, each leaving a dark clean line of black. Now, I love BareMinerals but I'll be honest, sometimes using it as a liner can be a pain if you're pressed for time (mix the loose powder shadow with a drop of the "weather me" liner sealer and a little water and it still left my lids and lashes feeling stiff and taut). 
 As for the BareMinerals foundation- I love it. I recently discovered they now have a Matte foundation and it works great and keeps me shine free for nearly the whole day.



 


3. What's the best hair product you've ever used? CHI 44 Iron Guard. It really isn't high-end, but it is a splurge for me who hardly ever drops money on fancy hair products. This is a fantastic product for your hair. Keeps the damage down while using heated styling tools. I spray a couple spritzes over my blow dried hair before straightening. It leaves my hair shiny, straight, and smelling good.


4. Fess up, what's the worst beauty look you've tried to rock and look back at now with a little shame or apprehension that you actually did that?
When I first got into makeup, I may have tried a few adventurous color combos. One of which included a Mardi Gras inspired eyeliner look. I've always liked to play up my eyes since it's one of my favorite features. I doubt I will ever try the whole green and purple as my daily go to. I chose those colors because I thought it would bring out the green in my hazel eyes. I'll admit it was great fun at the the time, but I currently tend to stick to more natural colors like pinks, mauves, pearly whites, plums, and browns. I must say I have grown up a bit. And when I look back on it, I have no regrets. It was a time in my life I felt I needed to express my creativity through makeup- eyeliner to be exact. And little by little that has helped me develop my style into what it is now.

Bare Minerals- Snowflake

Bare Minerals- Nude Beach

Bare Minerals- Soul Sista


Bare Minerals- Heart


5. When it comes to beauty products, we all use the same basic products. What do you use that helps show off your personal flare and personality? 
I really love glimmery eye shadow and black liquid cat eye liner. It makes me feel glam. The colors I used now are in my clothing and accessories and don't focus so much on makeup but rather, compliment each other.

What beauty products can you not live without?

Song of the Day: I Like IT, I love IT

XOXO,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for calling on my blog. I love visitors! Please leave a message after the beep. **BEEP**