Tuesday, March 8, 2011

She's Crafty- If You Want To Destroy My Sweater...

"If you want to destroy my sweater, hold this thread while I walk away"... ~ Weezer

This monday  so I took advantage of my free time and I purged my closet. While I gathered clothing destined for donation to the thrift stores, I spotted a few items I wanted to play around with.


You'll Need:
  • old sweater, maybe one that's too snug or too short.
  • scissors
  • thread
  • pins


The first was a green sweater tunic tank. Which I'd attempted to wear several times without successfully making it out the door. So today was the day, I gave it new life. I decided this lovely sweater would be my guinea pig for this project, and I would repurpose and "Re-Style" it.

STEP 1
Take the sweater and turn it inside out.

STEP 2


I eyeballed the sweater and then cut straight across just under the armpit. (Note: I should have cut a little higher to allow more material to work with). This ended up being about the top 1/3 of the sweater.

STEP 3


Next I turned the newly cut edge down once and then twice and pinned it. It's advisable to measure your new hem to make sure it is even all around. I actually did this twice- the first time, I folded it down too much. I didn't exactly accommodate for the new hem and the actual skirt length- oops! silly me. So I unpinned it all and made the new hem not so wide- then pinned it back down all the way around.

STEP 4
Sew it. You could just as easily sew it using your machine, but I did it by hand since it was such a small piece.

STEP 5



Turn garment right side out and wear it!

Song of the day: Undone (The Sweater Song) by Weezer



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for calling on my blog. I love visitors! Please leave a message after the beep. **BEEP**