Friday, July 15, 2011

What I Wore: HARRY POTTER FINALE

What I wore to see the final installment of the Harry Potter series...





I've been so verrrry excited to watch the final installment of the Harry Potter series.


Outfit Details: black short sleeved dress (ROSS), lace trimmed tweed skirt (thrifted), belt (ROSS), shoes (ROSS), bracelet/earrings (Cookie Lee Jewelry), necklaces (thrifted)

Tip: Layer a skirt over a dress
So I went with an ensemble a young hip professor McGonagall might have worn...


Image Source


I took my brother to see the movie. I feel old when I reflect back to him- then a small 6 yr old seeing it the very first time and loving it. My love for this literary series began in high school when my sister and I were given book 4 for Christmas. To be honest, I didn't know that there were already 3 books written prior, so I'll admit I was a bit confused when I began reading it, but I was hooked and wanted to finish it. Later, I discovered the first 3 books so I read those. And each time a new book was released, I re-read the previous books just for fun.



Can you believe I thrifted this the week before?  How perfect!

  Below are some inspiring looks for my fellow HP fans without having to dress in full costume. I say if you want to wear your round-rimmed Potter frames, lightning bolt on forehead, wand in hand, and cloak- be my guest. I won't judge. I will excitedly oogle your costume and tell you how fabulous you look and maybe even ask to take a picture with you- that is if I don't embarrass my husband with my new obsession in photographing everything.


 Photo via SnitchSeeker

Photobucket
(Photo via Cosmetic Cupcake)
Love these awesome nails!! She has tons of cute nail looks on her blog- it's really worth checking out. 


Gryffindor: Red and Gold


Check out the tutorial {HERE}


Alice + Olivia Silk Ombre Dress


 Photo: Courtesy of Etsy
The Golden Snitch necklace, lovespelljewels via Etsy, $9.

Hufflepuff: Black and Yellow


Check out the tutorial {HERE}


Photo: Courtesy of Warner Brothers
Harry Potter 9 3/4 Junior’s T-shirt, $25.


Photo by Zazzle.com



Photo by RazaelsLair, Etsy.com {Shop Here}


Ravenclaw: Blue and Bronze




Photo via dramaticmakeup.ca


Photo by Zazzle.com

Slytherin: Green and Silver
Photo by TiffanyD
Check out TiffanyD's Tutorial {HERE}

Photo: Courtesy of Hot Topic


Photo: Courtesy of Etsy
Deathly Hallows earrings, FanaticAlley via Etsy, $25.


Just a few HP funnies...
*LOL*


Is it bad that I saw this as a Lennon Kitty and I'm under 30?

Did you see the movie? Was it everything you'd hoped it'd be?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for calling on my blog. I love visitors! Please leave a message after the beep. **BEEP**